GRandS/GRG Program Endorsements
About: The program employs research and evidence based curriculum. Our grandparents come from urban and rural areas and participate in any of 5 sites throughout Palm Beach County. Each workshop is 2-3 hours long with some having a brown-bag lunch itinerary. Each site has an MSW on staff to help with personal and private situations. Workshops are conducted with a final de-briefing for grandparents to reflect their feelings and concerns they might be experiencing.
What Grandparents Say They LIKE BEST About the GRandS/GRG Workshops
- Relaxed atmosphere, friendliness of instructors, interesting topics.
- Everyone shared on things that I identify with. The information I received can help me right now.
- All topics discussed were very helpful and some very good eye openers. Thank you for being here! I just want to personally thank you for being able to start an evening meeting. My husband was very impressed and plans to attend each one of them with me. I don’t think that he realized just how many people are in our same situation. See you next month.
- Each person was allowed to express their view – there was no wrong or right.
- Interchange of ideas and what we gained by other viewpoints and experiences.
- The workshop addressed problems which I have dealt with, or am still dealing with. It was well presented.
- 2 co-leaders are very caring individuals. They make grandparents feel very comfortable and at ease. They do a wonderful job.
- Presented in language that I could understand.
- Interaction with others in the same situation. Some good ideas mentioned. Very helpful – keep up the good work – glad to hear of reading material available and resources.
- Finding out how similar others’ problems are to mine and how to deal with them.
- Personalities of the two facilitators are warm and welcoming. Always a pleasure to be here.
Please Call (561) 233-1742
For GRandS/GRG Workshop Dates and Locations
in Palm Beach County