GRandS BLOG COMMENTS
Welcome to our GRandS Blog Website! Look below to see all the conferences where the GRandS Program has been featured either as an exhibitor or made a presentation since 2011. Please use this page to leave us your comments on any of the GRandS Program Pages or the GRG Blog Topic! Have a great time reading. We are waiting to hear from you!
April 9, 2014
West Palm Beach Day GRGs graduate from the EFNEP (Expanded Food and Nutrition Program) course which teaches nutrition, food preparation and food management to families. The course was presented by Joyce Sookram (EFNEP Nutrition Educator at the PBC Cooperative Extension). From left to right are: Joyce Sookram, Angela Knowles, Palmira Torres, Maryanne Adornetto, Theophilus Willie, Ianthe Patrica Henry, and Betty Gordon. Congratulations GRGs!
February 28, 2014
GRandS GRGs meet and begin to discuss the formation of a GRG Coalition in Palm Beach County.
Front Row L to R: Reta Chisholm, Sue Bartolomeo – GRandS Program Coordinator, Palmira Torres, Betty Gordon, Ianthe Patricia Henry, and Bernard McPhee.
Back Row L to R: Ronney Wiener – LSCW with MorseLife, Dr. Larry Forthun and Dr. Kate Fogarty of University of Florida, Maryanne Adornetto, Lisa Cunningham – GRandS Program Assistant, Peggy Dorvil – University of Florida Graduate Assistant, Kris Boodram, and Catherine Clark.
GRandS Program Featured at May 2013 National CYFAR Conference in Washington D.C.
The GRandS Program was one of the featured exhibitors at this year’s National CYFAR (Children, Youth, and Families At Risk) Conference in Washington, D.C. It was one of the more popular exhibits and drew lots of attention!
CYFAR Program Coordinator, Sue Bartolomeo, and Program Assistant, Lisa Cunningham, answered many questions, and passed out program brochures to the conference attendees from across the United States.
Since returning to West Palm Beach, FL, Sue and Lisa have been contacted by Extension Agents from Colorado State University, Kansas State University, University of Tennessee, and West Virginia University about how they can set up a similar program at their extension office.
GRandS Program Featured at the 2013 South Florida Fair!
GRandS Program Update Presentation at the State-Wide EPAF Conference
Orlando , Florida
August 29, 2012
CYFAR Program Coordinator, Sue Bartolomeo, did a presentation of the GRandS Program at the state-wide EPAF (Extension Professional Associates of Florida) Conference.
Extension professionals from all the Florida counties attended the conference to learn about what other extension professionals are doing in their county and how their program is working.
Other National GRandS Presentations
- 2012 Presentation workshop of the GRandS Program to the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) in Arizona
- 2011 Presentation workshop of the GRandS Program at the Children Youth & Families at Risk (CYFAR) Conference in Chicago, Illinois
2012 Regional GRandS Displays and Exhibits
- South Florida Fair, FCS
- Luncheon for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and local agencies
- True Fast Outreach Ministries Health Fair
- Delray Beach Health Fair
- Westgate Recreational Center Resource Fair
2011 Regional GRandS Displays and Exhibits
- Resource Fair for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- South Florida Fair
- EPAF (Extension Professional Associates of Florida) Conference
- Black Chamber Health Fair
- 1st Annual Resource Fair of Bridges at Riviera Beach
- Westgate Resource Fair
- Christmas in July Dinner and Presentation at the Boynton Beach Presbyterian Church
- Extended Hands Community Outreach Health Fair
- National Grandparents Day Celebration in Riviera Beach